Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weh Yeh Gon

This one is based on an old Hawaiian song of mourning. The words are untranslatable, though the format of the song is a wish to be some inanimate object somewhere far away rather than experiencing some great sadness. American sailors thought the islanders were singing "Where you gone?" as they lamented the arrival of the white man. My blues are more pedestrian, though they would work in a canoe or kayak as well. 

 

I'm unsure whether Santa Fe has beaches, but it sure sounds like a place with beaches and I needed that "waves of Santa Fe" interior rhyme, so now Santa Fe has waves. Let me know if I'm right! I guess I could look it up, but I prefer the mystery. 

If you like this song, you can get it for free HERE. 




Want to lift me out of my mournful state? Buy me an all expense paid trip to Hawaii! Or donate to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment